Monday, November 29, 2010

Trip on Thanksgiving

Russ and I always seem to have unusual Thanksgivings. This year we took a trip to the hospital. I now know that I have been having small contractions for awhile now but I thought it was just normal tightening in my tummy. Well...thanksgiving morning that got really hard and for a long time. I called the expert over..MOM and she helped me confirm what was going on. She laid there with me for moral support for a little over an hour and then she left and 20 minutes later we were on our way to the hospital. It was a scary but good experience. Reality is hitting that we are really having a baby..I'm going to go through labor.. and we are finally going to move into a different season of life. The nurse watched the contractions on a monitor and checked my cervix. Basically the diagnosis and treatment for these contractions---SLOW DOWN. This will be a hard thing for me since my whole life i have ran from one thing to another but our precious baby is worth the sacrifice. So we didn't take a trip to cedar like planned but continued our tradition of unusual Thanksgivings.

I am very grateful for such advance neonatal units we have especially here in st. george!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...that all sounds way too familiar!! "Slow Down" wasn't in my vocabulary either! It's hard!! You just wait thought, it's all worth it! And remember, Slow Down!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing happen to me the other day! Im not way into those hospital bed but it is good to know everything is ok

    ReplyDelete